How to prevent defects in cast aluminum parts?
The defects of cast aluminum parts are mainly manifested as:
1. The structure design of the casting is unreasonable, there are sharp corners, and the wall thickness of the casting is too wide.
2. Sand mold (core) poor concession
3. Local overheating of the mold
4. Pouring temperature is too high
5. It is too early to take out the casting from the mold
6. Heat treatment is overheated or burned, and the cooling rate is too extreme
Methods of Preventing Defects in Aluminum die Castings
1. Improve the structural design of castings, avoid sharp corners, strive for uniform wall thickness and smooth transition
2. Take measures to increase the concession of the sand mold (core)
3. Ensure that all parts of the casting are solidified at the same time or sequentially, and improve the design of the pouring system
4. Appropriately reduce the pouring temperature
5. Control the mold cooling out time.
6. The thermal correction method is used when the casting is deformed.
7. Correctly control the heat treatment temperature and reduce the quenching cooling rate